TOXIC HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTSMany seemingly harmless household products, such as table salt and aftershave, are toxic if ingested in a large-enough dose.
Keep these products away from children.
Vitamins: Ingesting just 15 of chewable children´s vitamins can sicken a 25 lb child.
Nicotine: Eating one cigarette, three cigarette butts, a small handfull of chewing tobacco, or half a piece of nicotine chewing gum is enough to harm a child.
Leading to vomiting, high blood pressure, increased heart rate, breathing difficulty, abnormal heartbeats and seizures.
Salt: One to two teaspoons ingested by a 25 lb. child can cause irritability, lethargy, and possible seizures. More than 1 1/2 tablespoons can be fatal.
Nutmeg: One to three whole nutmegs, or 5 to 30 grams (about 3/4 tablespoon) of ground nutmeg, can produce redness of the face, increased heart rate, dry mouth, confusion, hallucinations, drowsiness, upset stmach, and vomiting. Symptoms occur three to eight hours after ingestion.
Mouthwash/Aftershave/Perfumes: Three mouthfuls of cologne containing 90% alcohol can cause vomiting drowsiness, or even coma in a 25 lb. child.
ALWAYS CALL THE LOCAL POISON CONTROL CENTER FOR THE REQUIRED EMERGENCY PROCEDURE IF YOUR CHILD HAS INGESTED ANY POTENTIALLY TOXIC SUBSTANCE.
Parents Magazine March 1992
Article from: http://kid.lifetips.com/cat/12367/health-safety/index.html